February 3, 2016

6 Favourite Movies 'Inspired or Based on True Story'

This semester break, I treat myself with tons of movies and sometimes a Japan drama that I watch all over again. I have come to realized that most of the movies that I watch are based on true story or maybe inspired by it. So, let's get on it.

Big Eyes



I just watched this few days ago, and it was absolutely similar to me on how the story were filmed and when I google it and yes, it was no other than Tim Burton as the director. I love all Tim Burton film, either its animated or not because it's always give special touch.

Move on to the review part

Synopsis: It's a biographical film about Margaret Keane, an artist who were manipulated by her own husband (Walter Kean). 'Big Eyes' are a succesfull and popular paintings happened in 1950s and 1960s. This overwhelming success drawing potraits were painting with big eyes, makes his husband take granted to put his own initial to her wife works. 

Review: It was not a typical true story that were film with very serious storyline. It was very light for me, and easy to understand with very quirky way (as it was Tim Burton style) where there are a glimpse scene that showed the Big Eyes on Amy Adams and other cast as well.

Kill The Messenger


This is a serious movie! The day that I watched this was because I'm curious to know how far the truth in journalism can brought you into problems, etc.

Move on to the review part

Synopsis: Based on the True Story of Journalist, Gary Webb. The situation take place in the mid 1990s, when Webb uncovered the CIA's past role in importing huge amounts of cocaine into the U.S. that was agressively sold in ghettos across the country to raise Money for the Nicaraguan Contras rebel army. (Source: imdb.com)

Review: It's been so long since I didn't catch up with a serious type of films. Usually I'll go for an action or comedy to makes me fell good. 

Kill The Messenger was not full of stunts that much, and keep to tell the story more and the actor for me have played the role very good on protraying Webb itself. 

If you are in the mood to watch something that opens up your mind and opinions, this will be a great movie to start after all those other genre.

The Big Short


How can you make a downfall of economy agenda into something entertaining but educating at the same time? It's this movie you guys, dive into it while it still in cinema.

Move on to the review part

Synopsis: Taken from imdb.com, it's was about four denizens in the world of high-finance predict the credit and housing bubble collapse of the mid-2000s, and decide to take on the big banks for their greed and lack of foresight.

Review: I celebrated my three years with my boyfriend by watching this movies. I was like let's just not watch romantic movie that only gives you more pleasure in daydreaming. 

I am not dissapointed at all with my choice at all although they have all wonderful cast like Ryan Gosling, Brad Pitt, Christian Bale and others in The Big Short.

It was so light even though the agenda cost a million or maybe billion of people lost their jobs and homes, but for me it was inspiring and it kind of give me a thought to know more about the economy.

The Gabby Douglas Story


I watched this by an accidents and because there were no good shows that came out from the televisyen, so this is apparently a matchmaker!

Move on to the review part

Synopsis: This Televisyen Movie tell the sotry about an international gymnastics who overcome the hurdle to be the first African American that won Olympic gold medals for Individual All-Around Champion in artistic gymnastics.


Review: Very indeed inspiring movie, and kind of added to my knowledge that gymnastics was really hard and need such a passion and courage to achived what Gabbrielle Douglas (Gabby Douglas) sacrificed to get her dream to come true.

Truth


This movie was recommended by my little brother, who aged 19 years old now. This movie is similar to Kill The Messenger. So, why not just watch another movie about journalism world.

Move on to the review part

Synopsis: Truth tells the audience about the real drama that occured in 2004 CBS 60 minutes that reports about President George W. Bush's military service. The story jeopardized careers of producer, Mary Mapes, cost anchor, Dan Rather and others journalist as well.

Review: I would give a big applause to Cate Blanchett because she brings the character into life (Mary Mapes). 

It was tough to watch in front of your eyes that 'Truth' is something that everybody afraid of and the government were in control of everything even though it was the 'Truth'. 

I, myself would recommend you to watch this on behalf of my younger brother suggestions. You won't regret it.

Joy



Sometimes, movie title can mislead us because this movie was not full of Joy, but it's more to reality that full of ups and down. Well, I'm glad I have the urged to watch this movie after all those movie above.

Move on to the review part

Synopsis: Joy (an inventor for Miracle Mopis) the story of the title character, who rose to become founder and matriarch of a powerful family busines dynasty.


Review: It's start with full of Joy, but then it become so complicated and full of frustration that I can't barely handle my emotion towards certain parts. 

I can see that Jennifer Lawrence is really good at what she is doing when I watch this film and I'm sure you would love what she is capable of doing in this movie.

-----------

Phew, end of the longest post that I have written for a while! 

That was only my six favourites because I'm not sure whether 'The Miracle Worker' is based on true story or not, but if it is, that will be the seventh on my list.

Share your thought, comments or maybe a movie swap on comment box below. Thank you and enjoy! ðŸ˜€✌

Post a Comment

Instagram