January 20, 2017

4 Things I Did at High Tea Table Manner Workshop, Tea Verandah!


Since I decided to be active in blogging, there are always something new and FIRST TIME for me to experienced. Just like this post, where I'm going to tell  you about high tea table manner.

Well, I'm mamak, stall kind of girl. Love food and always eat at my own pace. Some of my friends love to see me eating, because I will make an expression and I eat like a beast.

But, for this post I'm going to be a little bit ladylike, very poised, and kind of new side of me.



So, at Tea Verandah they have 30 different type of tea to choose from. The interesting part is, when I ask the owner, Joan Lee, all of the tea that they have in a menu is created by their team.

Therefore, its one of a kind. All of the tea was brewed from the finest leaves found in the world, and vary in taste, flavour and offer various health benefits.

Well, without further ado, let me share you THREE things I encounter during the workshop.


Drink Their Europe Fruits Tea

I get to taste two of their Europe Fruits Tea, called 'Tea Verandah' (in hot pot tea) and Tropical Sky (cold).

Tea Verandah contained of  apple bits, lemon bits, cherries, pineapple, mango bit, papaya, hibiscus blossoms, orange peel, rose hip peels, elderberries, peach bits, apricot bits, and orange bits.

While on Tropical Sky, there are pineapple, papaya, mango, tangerine slice, safflower, rose, sunflower and physalis.

Pheww, that was a long list and I must say, both taste really good, maybe just because I'm a tea lady. Basically, both tea have that really fruity taste. So, if you guys are up for it, make sure to try their range of tea because for me, its something different.

Eat with Manner

Again, our lovely Joan is the one that teach us few things on high tea table manner. First, on how to eat scone, and also cupcake (properly).

Basically, we just eat, but we should know that they are certain things to do during high tea and a big occasion on dinner, and others. But, most of the days, we ate with our hands, or fork and spoon. 


I know, there were table manners for every occasion, but I just didn't know what is the proper etiquette to follow and used. Although I just learned two things, but hey its still a knowledge.

By the way, click this video to watched how we can properly eat scone and cupcakes!



Stuff Myself with Food

Now, its time for practical time (excuses). I find its hard for me to be full with all the finger food, but you know high tea was supposed to be like this, food that are not too heavy and not too light. It's just in between.


In terms of flavour, honestly there was not much of it but my favourite so far would be this creme brûlée (due to the portion is quite big), scones (soft and tasty) and potato pillow puff (not too salty and soft).

Its may sound funny because I was known to have a big appetite, so to cut down portion into half was like really hard for me.

But, if you wanted to try, check out their menu by click here.

Meet New Friends

So, that is my squad for that day. Truthfully, this is my first time met all of them (except Mumbling Mommy) and its always nice to get to new people when I attend an event. Usually, I will attend event alone but after exchanging card and contact, I'm no longer a lone ranger.

Oh and did you know that if you want to hangout or planning an event, just contact them and you  will own your calm chit chat place with your friends (with a cup of tea).


Tea Verandah 
Lot SK-1 Level 2 ATRIA Shopping Gallery
Jln SS22/23 Damansara Jaya,
47400 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia.
Website: Tea Verandah

Tea Verandah Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Post a Comment

Instagram